The government’s announced the ‘Eat Out To Help Out’ scheme is welcome support for independent restaurants in Milton Keynes to incentivise people to eat out and plunge some much-needed money into the hospitality sector. Many national chains were the first to sign up, however in this bumper MK Food Guide, I’ve rounded up the independent restaurants in Milton Keynes taking part in the Eat Out to Help Out scheme. No excuses not to support local!
I’ll be updating this as more restaurants confirm they are registered for the scheme. This is not the full, official list – I have put together as many as I can and that I recommend giving a go. You can find the official Government list of registered businesses taking part in Eat Out to Help Out in Milton Keynes HERE and search by your postcode, though I’ve found this a little glitchy and results don’t always show.
How does the Eat Out to Help Out scheme work?
Eat Out to Help Out will incentivise people to eat at restaurants, specifically on quieter days of the week to help the hospitality industry recover. Here are the key things you need to know about it as a customer.
- 50% discount on food and non-alcoholic drinks, up to a maximum of £10 per person.
- It’s valid for eating in only and you can only use it on food and/or non-alcoholic drinks.
- The discount is available all day on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 3rd – 31st August 2020.
- There’s no limit to how many times you can use the deal or how many times you can visit the restaurant to use the deal.
Eat Out to Help Out in Milton Keynes
Here is my guide to the independent restaurants taking part in the Eat Out to Help Out scheme in Milton Keynes. Don’t forget to pre-book your table – many restaurants will not be accepting walk-ins.
I’ve organised them into three sections: Restaurants, Pubs and Cafés so just click on the jump link to head to that section. Bon apetit!
If you are an independent restaurant, pub or café in Milton Keynes and would like to be added to this guide, please send me details via email: email@example.com.
If you’re in a hurry, save this map of the independent restaurants, cafés and pubs taking part in Eat Out to Help Out in Milton Keynes to Your Places on Google maps. It’s even easier to browse places to eat from your pocket. (And make sure you check out my full MK Food Map!)
Akasaka is a Japanese restaurant with amazing sushi and Japanese dishes on the menu. It’s one of my favourite restaurants in Milton Keynes and this is a great excuse to make a trip there.
Both the Wolverton and CMK location are taking part in the scheme and will be open on Mondays throughout August. Pre-booking essential.
Akasaka Wolverton is open Monday – Saturday (August only) 5:30pm – 9pm. Akasaka CMK is open 5pm – 10pm daily.
Anatolia is a great Turkish restaurant in Stony Stratford that serves a delicious menu of grilled meats and various Mediterranean dishes. It’s one of the best Turkish in the area and the service is warm and friendly.
Offer available Tuesday and Wednesday. Open 12pm – 11pm.
Blossom Room is The Hub’s newest bar which opened in late 2019.
Their food menu has just had an overhaul and now features more Japanese and Asian dishes. The Eat Out to Help Out vouchers will be valid for food and the range of mocktails on the menu.
Offer available Tuesday and Wednesdays. Blossom Room is open for food 4pm – 9pm.
Read more: Lunch at Blossom Room
DeRoka is one of my favourite places to eat in Central Milton Keynes so I’m very happy to see them taking part on this scheme. Gorgeous decor, lovely service, great cocktails and delicious Turkish food. It’s the perfect place for a mid-week date night!
Offer available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. DeRoka is open daily, 12pm – 11:30pm.
Read more: Date Night at DeRoka
Fratelli is one of my favourite Italian restaurants in the area. Family-run, it serves up traditional dishes from lasagne to freshly made pizzas.
The Ampthill and Woburn restaurants will both be taking part in the Eat out to Help Out scheme. I’d recommend the Pappardelle Manzo, it’s delicious!
Offer available Monday, Tuesday Wednesday. Fratelli Woburn is open daily from 12pm – 2pm for lunch and 5:30pm – 11pm for dinner.
Read More: Dinner at Fratelli Cucina Italiana, Woburn
Stony Stratford’s prettiest restaurant, French Affaire will be taking part in the scheme!
This is a great choice for brunch and afternoon tea (served on selected days) so if you haven’t tried the crépes yet, it’s time you hot-footed it and got booked in! They also serve an evening menu but I believe this will still only be available on weekends so won’t be part of the scheme.
Offer available Tuesday and Wednesday. French Affaire is open from 10:30am – 4pm.
Read more: Best Brunches in Milton Keynes
Gourmet Burger Joint
Well worth a try if you haven’t tried it yet! Gourmet Burger Joint is one of MK’s latest indies to join the scene and it’s a good one. Offering a solid burger and fries offering as well as shakes and wings, I definitely recommend checking this place out.
Offer available Monday – Wednesday. Open from 4pm.
French Affaire’s Greek sister will also be taking part in the scheme. Serving up traditional Greek and Mediterranean dishes such as Moussaka and Gyros, this is a great choice for lunch or dinner.
Offer available Tuesday and Wednesday. Greek Affaire is open 5pm – 10pm.
Read more: Lunch at Greek Affaire, Stony Stratford
Legend One Sushi Bar
If you haven’t tried Legend One yet, do it! It features in my MK Food Guide to the Best Asian Restaurants in Milton Keynes.
This sushi bar opened late last year near The Hub and it serves both Japanese and Chinese dishes. The sushi is a fancier than Akasaka but still do delicious. They are open weekdays for lunch and dinner.
Offer available Monday, Tuesday Wednesday. Legend One is open daily 12pm – 2:30pm for lunch and from 5pm for dinner.
Made in Sud Pizzeria
The BEST pizza in Milton Keynes! With this offer, it’s going to be difficult to resist trying it because their pizzas are already under a tenner.
I love the classic margarita but the Nduja pizza is also well worth a go. 10/10 deliciousness!!
Offer available Monday – Wednesday. Made in Sud is open 11am – 6pm.
Moza is a really good Indian restaurant in Newport Pagnell serving delicious Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine. It’s great value and really tasty. You can get a Sunday Banquet menu which includes a starter, main, side, rice and naan for £14.95 per person!
Offer available Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Moza Indian is open daily 5pm – 10pm.
Read more: Dinner at Moza Indian, Newport Pagnell
Murati’s is a great family friendly restaurant option. With gigantic pizzas and delicious pasta dishes, it’s a good crowd-pleaser!
You can find Murati’s in Wolverton (my favourite and the OG!), Newport Pagnell and Olney. Opening times vary so check before you book.
Offer details TBC.
Read more: Dinner at Murati’s Pizzeria
Another of my favourite dining destinations is taking part in Eat Out to Help Out!
Nonna’s in Woburn Sands is the perfect spot for a date night, with a chilled, cosy vibe and delicious modern Italian dishes.
Offer available on Wednesdays only for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Olé Tapas Bar
One of my favourite dining destinations in Milton Keynes is reopening in August for dine in and will be taking part in Eat Out to Help Out!
Olé Tapas Bar will be open daily serving a little slice of Spain in Wolverton. With delicious, traditional Tapas dishes available, Olé is well worth a visit for lunch or a fiesta dinner with friends.
Offer available Monday – Wednesday. Olé Tapas Bar will be open 5pm – 9pm.
Pin Petch Thai Restaurant
A very good Thai in Newport Pagnell! They have a great menu with lots of classic Thai dishes and some EPIC sharing platters! Their vegan and vegetarian offering is also really extensive.
Offer available Monday – Wednesday. Open 4:30pm – 10pm.
Taipan is in CMK and is a very popular Chinese restaurant, serving delicious Dim Sum and other dishes.
I LOVE their steamed dumplings – this is another spot you should definitely head to if you’ve not tried it yet!
Offer available Monday – Wednesday. Taipan is open for lunch 12:30pm – 3:30pm and for dinner, 5:30pm – 11pm.
Treat Street is a dessert bar in MK1 Shopping Centre in Bletchley. They’ve been delivering treats throughout lockdown which are very indulgent. It’s a ‘dessert for dinner’ kind of place!
Serving waffles, milkshakes, cheesecakes and other naughtiness in a cool interior, this place is well worth a try.
Offer is available Monday, Tuesday (open 4pm – 11pm) and Wednesday (open 12:30pm – 11pm)
The Whisk Kitchen
Another great destination for brunch, The Whisk Kitchen serves an all-day menu of delicious pancakes along with cocktails.
There are plenty of mocktails and freshly squeezed juices and smoothies on the menu which will be included in the offer.
Offer available Tuesday and Wednesday. The Whisk Kitchen is open 10:30am – 6pm.
More restaurants taking part:
- Bandit Street Food @ Green Dragon Eco Farm and Pury Hill Café – Offer available Monday – Wednesday at Bandit’s bases.
- Braai Shack – Offer available Tuesday and Wednesday. Open 6pm – 10pm.
- Calcutta Brasserie – Offer available Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Calcutta is open 5pm – 10pm.
- Enfes Turkish Restaurant – Valid Monday – Wednesday. Open 12pm-10pm.
- The Fenny Kitchen – Offer available Monday – Wednesday. Open 5pm – 10pm.
- Inn on the Lake – Offer available Tuesday – Wednesday. Open 12pm – 11pm.
- Maaya Indian Kitchen & Bar – Offer available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Maaya is open 4pm – 10pm.
- Mii & U Oriental Café – Valid Monday – Wednesday. Open 11:30am – 4:30pm.
- Mowgli – Offer available Tuesday and Wednesday. Mowgli is open 5pm – 11pm.
- Namji – Offer available Monday – Wednesday.
- No31 Woburn Sands – Recently taken over by The Brothers Supper. Offer available Monday – Wednesday.
- Olive Tree – Offer available Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Open from 12pm daily.
- Papa J’s – Offer available Monday – Wednesday.
- Pasha Turkish Grill & Restaurant – Offer available Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Pasha is open 12pm – 10pm.
- Thai Modern – Offer available Monday – Wednesday. Open for lunch 12pm – 2:30pm and for dinner 5:30pm – 10:30pm.
- Urban Dhaba – Offer available on Wednesdays only. Urban Dhaba is open 5pm – 10pm.
- Zouk Lounge – Offer available Monday – Wednesday. Zouk Lounge is open 12pm – 11pm.
The Wheatsheaf is a pub and grill house in Bow Brickhill. It serves steaks, burgers and classic comfort pub food.
We tried The Wheatsheaf at the start of the year, and it’s pretty good – the sharing platters are epic!
Offer available on Mondays Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Reservations only. The Wheatsheaf is open 11:30am – 11pm daily.
Cross Keys Woolstone
The Cross Keys in Woolstone is a fantastic family run pub in a lovely area of Milton Keynes.
The food here has been really good the few times I have been (though it has been a while!) and I think we are overdue a trip back here soon to try the Sunday roasts. All in the name of research of course!
Its sister pub, The Plough at Simpson is also taking part in the Eat Out To Help Out scheme.
Offer available Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Cross Keys Woolstone serves food 12pm – 10pm daily.
More pubs taking part:
- The Bull Hotel – Details TBC.
- The Barley Mow – Offer available Monday – Wednesday. Open daily from 12p – 11pm.
- The Betsey Wynne, Swanbourne – Offer available Monday – Wednesday.
- The Cherry Tree Olney – Offer available Monday – Wednesday.
- The Navigation Inn – Offer available Monday – Wednesday. Open for food 8am – 10pm.
- The Plough at Simpson – Offer available Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Serves food 12pm – 10pm daily.
- The Old Beams – More details to follow.
- Shoulder of Mutton, Calverton – Offer available Wednesday only. Open 12pm – 2:30pm for lunch and 5pm – 10pm for dinner.
- The Swan at MK Village – Offer available on Wednesday. Open 12pm – 3pm and 6pm – 10pm.
- The Three Trees – Offer available Monday – Wednesday.
- The White Hart, Sherington – Offer available Monday – Wednesday.
Bogota Coffee Co. in The Hub does the best coffee in Milton Keynes in my humble opinion!
Smooth coffee, delicious cakes, fiercely independent with a cool vibe, this should be next on your coffee shop hit list. Note that it is outdoor seating only to keep customers at a safe distance.
Offer available Monday – Wednesday. From 1st August, Bogota will be open Monday to Wednesday 9am to 3pm and Friday to Sunday 9am – 3pm, It is closed on Thursdays.
Truly a hidden gem in Bletchley, Café Sen serves delicious, fresh Vietnamese food including Banh Mi and noodle salads.
It’s a great place to grab a quick lunch, though turn up early as it’s getting very popular as more people find out about it and it’s based in an office block, so lunchtimes will be busy.
Offer available Monday – Wednesday. Café Sen is open 11:30am – 2:30pm.
Fourth & Fifth
Sister to Bogota, you can expect fantastic coffee from Fourth & Fifth. And I’m pleased to say that these guys will be back open from Saturday 1st August!
Based in Central MK, Fourth & Fifth is a great place to grab brunch (I recommend the pancakes!)
Offer will be available Monday – Wednesday. Fourth & Fifth will be open from 1st August, Saturday – Wednesday, 9am – 2pm. Indoor and outdoor seating is available, and takeaway will also be available.
The Green Elephant Café
The Green Elephant Café is a really fantastic new addition to Milton Keynes! With sustainability at heart, it serves a great free-from menu and delicious coffee. Green Elephant uses local suppliers and ingredients so it is truly a community café!
I’d recommend stopping by for brunch, a coffee and a slice of their vegan banana bread – it’s to die for.
Offer available Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Green Elephant Café is open 9am – 4pm.
Out of Office Coffee
One of my go-to coffee shops in the area, Out of Office Coffee has shops in Stony Stratford, Newport Pagnell and Olney, so great coffee is never that far away!
OOO will have a limited number of tables indoors and outdoor seating available so they can take advantage of the scheme. They also have a GREAT range of cakes on offer, including the legendary SAY Doughnuts!
Offer available Monday – Wednesday, but opening times for each location vary.
Peel Juice Bar
Peel Juice Bar is a great café and juice bar based near the station. They have a great range of fresh juices and salads on offer so if you’re looking for some healthy eats, this is for you. The open wraps are delicious.
Offer available Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Peel Juice Bar is open 9am – 8pm.
Super Sausage Café
Your ultimate destination for a fry up! Located on the A5 near Potterspury a stone’s throw away from Stony Stratford is the Super Sausage Café, a biker café that is famous for its no fuss take on a full english.
Offer valid Monday – Wednesday. Open 7:30am – 2:30pm.
More cafés taking part:
- ARTea Rooms – Offer available Monday – Wednesday. Open from 10am.
- The Coffee Boutique – Offer available Monday – Wednesday. From 1st August, Coffee Boutique will be open Monday – Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, 9:30am – 3pm.
- Eat Your Heart Out – Offer available Monday – Wednesday. Open from 8am.
- Frosts Woburn Sands – Offer available Monday – Wednesday. Open from 9am.
- Homeground MK – Offer available Monday – Wednesday. Open 7am – 3pm.
- The Grumpy Cook – Offer available Monday – Wednesday. Open 8am – 4pm.
- Miss Havisham’s Tea Rooms – Offer available Monday – Wednesday. Open 10am – 4pm.
- Olney Pancake Parlour – Offer available Monday – Wednesday. Open 10 am – 3pm.
- Simply Good Café – Offer available Monday – Wednesday. Open 9am – 4pm.
- Sunnyside Up Café – Offer available Monday – Wednesday. Open 8am – 3:30pm
- Teapots of Olney – Offer available Monday – Wednesday. Open 9am – 4pm.
If you are an independent restaurant or café and would like to be added to this MK Food Guide, please send me details via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where will you Eat Out to Help Out in Milton Keynes?
Hungry? Check out my other MK Food Guides:
- Best Coffee Shops in Milton Keynes
- Best Brunches in Milton Keynes
- Best Cheap Eats in Milton Keynes
- Best Restaurants for Date Night in Milton Keynes
- Best Street Food in Milton Keynes
- Best Asian Restaurants in Milton Keynes
- Independent Takeaway and Delivery Options in Milton Keynes
- Best Independent Cake Box Deliveries in Milton Keynes