I thought I’d start a new lifestyle series in the form of a weekly round up style diary post! I often have a bit of a chat when I post outfit photos but as I like reading these kinds of posts, hopefully you will too. I hope to post them every Sunday with things I’ve been doing and little life updates.You’ll find most of these snaps and more on my Instagram.
1. I had a New Look voucher to spend which is always exciting, so I picked up a palm print blazer. It has a waterfall front, which makes it perfect for the evenings. I’m enjoying monochrome prints a lot right now – mainly because they go with absolutely everything!
2. On Monday, I went to see Laura Marling at The Institute in Digbeth with my friend Rosie. I had press tickets as I was reviewing the gig for Redbrick, the uni newspaper. She was absolutely incredible and I haven’t stopped listening to her albums all week. If you haven’t heard of her already you should go and check her out!
3. Harry and I went to Wagamamas on Tuesday after a bit of a shop at the Bullring. He had a voucher to spend, so it was guilt free… We went for something other than Katsu curry this time! I had a Wagamama Ramen which was SO tasty and Harry had a Beef Donburi. With Chilli Squid to start of course! I bought a few beauty bits and Harry made his first Lush purchase and is extremely happy with his new Dirty soap and I am a proud girlfriend.
4, I’ve fallen head over heels in love with The Body Shop’s new range, Fuju Green Tea. It smells incredible and is a really relaxing scent for any time of day. My showers are now super refreshing and I can’t wait to use the body butter every morning. With exams stressing me out a little bit, at least I can find a little bit of solace in the shower! I reviewed the Fuji Green Tea range this week, so check it out.
6. I got the best surprise in the post this week. Harry had ordered me a Flamingo Candle to help me get through my exams. It was the Pink Lemonade scented one – it smells dreamy! I’m so soppy, but it was a lovely surprise and made my day!
7. Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. If I don’t have a good breakfast I spend the whole day hungry. On Saturday I had avocado, poached eggs and mushrooms on toasted granary bread. I took a tip from Islay and sprinkled a little paprika on the avo, and it was so delicious! This fuelled a morning of revision until lunchtime!
8. I’ve been looking for a new handbag for so long, so when I received an ASOS voucher I decided to get this pastel pink beauty. It’s leather and really roomy. Ideally, I’d have liked a black bag as they do go with everything but this was too pretty to not get, plus it suits the spring and summer more right? I can’t wait to swan around with it and fill it with all my unnecessary stuff that appears to fill my other bags!
What have you been up to this week?